Monday, March 9, 2009

This one’s to You, Daddy…

March 3, 2009
It feels like magic…
To have begun this journey, reminiscing over you…
For you been and shall always be…
My art, my faith, my inspiration…
MY GRANDFATHER…

Those sculpted hands,
that placid pose…
The reassuring smile,
the contentment it shows…
Oh! my li’l one,
I’m proud of you he said…
Wherever you go,
whichever path you tread…
The golden values,
shall be with you…
On every road,
in rain or dew…
The Glorious Gita,
and the Quran great…
Shall guide you,
like your own soul mate…
When I’m gone,
don’t shed a tear…
Stir yourself up,
fight bravely each fear…
Right within you,
I shall always be…
Look into yourself,
should you need me…
You are but,
my love, values and more…
I’ll always live,
through you I assure…

2 comments:

  1. same poem.. same feelings.. hence same comments so here it goes:))
    Astonishingly empathetic…leaves an ever lasting impression n reminds you of the most important people in your life your parents your grandparents… cheers!!! to the great tribute:)))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm...your writing suggests you have grown over your last poetry...this one answers the very obvious yet obscure questions put up in the last poem...you are reaching for light and you shall have it..the photons are as desperate to have you as you are to have them..

    whats there in name..

    ReplyDelete